Writing Content with SEO — Search Engine Optimization - Makes Sense
Let’s focus more on creating and writing content with SEO in mind for your audience. Again, the content that you put on your website is one of the most important factors for search engine optimization. Plus, it’s one of the most important things about your website because that is partly why your audience visits it.
Here are some strategies to make your content more SEO friendly:
- Research Keywords — Use one of the tools you are familiar with to research keywords. I like Answer the Public to begin with to find out which words and phrases people are typing into Google and Bing to search for what I am sharing in my business. Make a list of them. Start with the least competitive keywords. Put them in a spreadsheet and start creating content around them based on your upcoming promotions.
- Plan Your Content in Advance — Don’t just start writing and creating content without planning. When you have your keywords, either create products that match the keywords, or find products that you can promote. Then, put it on your editorial calendar so that you can plan it all out well. You will need blog posts, emails to promote blog posts, memes and blurbs for social media to promote the blog posts. Plus, you need content to promote and educate about the problems your products and services solve.
- Use Keywords Wisely — Don’t get too carried away with keywords. You don’t want more than 2 percent within the content you create and publish. Too high a keyword density or your site will be considered spammy, and the content will not be fun to read. Remember to use a different main keyword for each page. And know that every blog post you publish is considered to be its own page. Writing content with SEO as your goal is a worthwhile endeavor.
- Pay Close Attention to Your Formatting — Another important aspect of SEO and content is the formatting. Use good keyword titles and keyword subheadings; use the H1, H2, etc… tags to show the search engines what’s important and what the content is about. Plus, it will make it easier for your audience to read.
- Include Images — A website looks better with images, and it breaks up the text. Plus, a good image can explain a concept and create a mood in the reader that you desire from them. When you do include images, don’t forget to fill out the alt-tag description of each image.
- Don’t Over-Optimize — When you seek to optimize your site with SEO, don’t get carried away. More isn’t always better. Stick to the guidelines and avoid making your site unusable to your audience.
- Update Your Site Regularly — Not only should you ensure that all the technology you use for your website is updated, you need to also make sure that you have updated content on a regular basis. You don’t have to blog daily, but the more relevant, accurate, and targeted content you post, the better. I recommend posting at least three times each month for optimal results.
Search engine optimization is the best way to get organic traffic to your website so that you can solve their problems. If people can’t find you, they won’t know how much you have to offer them. Does this make sense and can you now agree that writing content with SEO in mind is valuable?
If you think about it, if you don’t use updated SEO practices and work to provide the best experience to your audience that you can, they’re going to miss out. Then you will miss out as well.
Now that you have this information about SEO and know why it’s important to use it, do not delay. Get started as soon as you can. One way to get the ball rolling in a way that makes a difference is to use one of the testing software mentioned to find out where you stand. Then start fixing the things that are easy to fix, like page descriptions and filling in image tags.
Use the Yoast SEO plugin to find out if your blog posts can be improved. You don’t have to do everything in one day. Take your time so that you can also spend time on future planning. And the Yoast SEO plugin is free, even though there is an advanced, paid version you will want to upgrade to later on.
Eventually, using good SEO practices will become second nature to you. Using these tips, you’re going to get more targeted traffic, more email subscribers, and make more sales. Plus, you’re going to make your audience happy and satisfied and on their way to becoming raving fans. After all, isn’t that the point?
Be sure to take a look at my Really Simple SEO Tips for Beginners training to give yourself a solid foundation with creating content with SEO and other basic and intermediate principles and strategies.
This article was originally published on my site at https://connieragengreen.com/writing-content-with-seo/.
I’m author, publisher, and entrepreneur Connie Ragen Green and would love to connect with you. If you’re new to the world of online entrepreneurship please check out my training on how to sell yourself at Sell Yourself and Your Stuff and learn how to gain an unfair advantage when it comes to building a lucrative online business.