Self-Discipline Hacks: Entrepreneurs Benefit in Untold Ways
Has your life felt a little too out of control? Maybe there are too many demands on your time and resources. People at work need something now, and your mother keeps calling asking when you’re going to come to visit next. Things are coming at you from all sides, and you desperately need a way out. Let’s explore self-discipline hacks entrepreneurs, authors, and others will benefit from almost right away.
***Scroll to the bottom to download Your Special Report (with no opt in required) titled “The Surprising Freedom of Self-Discipline”
Believe it or not, the answer lies in something as simple as self-discipline. I never thought of myself as someone who was self-disciplined by nature. I even scoffed at people I knew who claimed discipline in their lives accounted for their success. But I changed my thinking on this when I became an entrepreneur in 2006 and experienced the benefits of self-discipline hacks. Entrepreneurs and authors are not the only people for whom this is a valuable discipline.
By taking charge of yourself, you likewise take charge of your life. Self-discipline means you are making decisions that keep your feet on the path that you have chosen for yourself. And while the demands on your time might still be there, you can feel more in control.
Need some help getting started? Below you will find a list of some quick hacks that will set you on the road to freedom through self-discipline.
- Pick a start date. Research has found that by setting a concrete date and putting it on your calendar, you have a higher chance of success. So chose the date and write “Freedom” in that space on your calendar.
- Understand why you’re doing this. Create a list of reasons why you want to become more disciplined. Use that list to create affirmations and then use those often to keep yourself motivated.
- Use creative visualization. Imagine yourself with self-discipline. How does that life look? How does it feel? By seeing your self-disciplined life in your mind’s eye, your brain believes it is possible. Can you see the freedom that comes with self-discipline hacks? Entrepreneurs have know this for centuries.
- Deal with temptation. If what you’re trying to use self-discipline to correct (like eating better) involves tangible objects, then remove those items. For example, get rid of the junk food in your cabinets, because they will become a temptation. If it’s an intangible for example, a person you can’t say no to, then write a script of how you’d like that particular conversation to go. That way you already have the words to say no when you need them.
- Grab a snack. Willpower goes out the window when your blood sugar is low. Ask any person with diabetes about a time when they crashed, and you’ll find out just how much low blood sugar affects brain processes. Even for people who do not have diabetes, low blood sugar can have a serious effect on your ability to carry through with your plans. A quick carb-loaded snack or even a small piece of candy might be just what you need to get back on track.
- Hang out with the cool crowd. By surrounding yourself with self-disciplined people, you create for yourself a support group as you set forth on your journey. Sometimes all it takes is someone to mentor you through the rough spots.
Don’t kid yourself, becoming self-disciplined is hard work. But you can make it a lot easier for yourself if you set yourself up for success from the start. Self-discipline brings freedom, financially and with your time. Remember who you’re doing this for (you!), and you’ve already won half the battle. It’s time to embrace these self-discipline hacks, entrepreneurs and lay people alike!
Download Your Special Report “The Surprising Freedom of Self-Discipline” (no opt in required)
This article was originally published on my site at https://connieragengreen.com/self-discipline-hacks-entrepreneurs/.
I’m author, publisher, and entrepreneur Connie Ragen Green and would love to connect with you. If you are new to the world of online entrepreneurship please check out my comprehensive training on how to set up Funnels That Click and learn how to gain an unfair advantage when it comes to building a lucrative online business.