Nobody should have to experience not having enough money to pay their living expenses and other necessities of life. One of the reasons I left the work force and became an online entrepreneur was so I would no longer have to choose between which bills to pay and which to put off as long as I could. It was the digital information products business model that turned my life around. First, I recommended those from other entrepreneurs as an affiliate and soon I was able to create my own info products and grow my business slowly and steadily. Once I got into the rhythm of creating my own products, my income grew exponentially.
Even with my job as a classroom teacher and working in real estate part-time for twenty years, every six months or so I was short on money and had to juggle everything. It was so stressful, and embarrassing at times.
Once I came online I was able to control my income with the actions I took. In the very beginning it was with blogging and affiliate marketing, but when I began creating my own information products I suddenly had the power and ability to give myself a raise anytime, simply by creating a new info product or by promoting one of the info products I already had in my digital inventory.
Your Digital Information Products Are Like Book Reports
Do you remember the book reports we all used to create when we were in grade school? As a classroom teacher I always created one right along with my students, as a way to show my support and to model how to do it effectively. Those book reports were information products!
Think about this analogy. You read a book and hopefully it’s one you enjoy. Then your goal is to:
* Share the story and information within the book to others who have not yet read it
* Use storytelling and other creative means to hold their interest and to engage them
* Share the topic from your own perspective so others will begin to see the topic in a new way
I assigned book reports to students all the way from Kindergarten through the eighth grade. At each level, I was always impressed with how the creative juices flowed. These book reports…
- Were typically written documents *
- Could also include pictures, charts, graphs *
- Sometimes presented as scenes from the story, acted out by one or more students *
- Sometimes included new media, like video, PowerPoint slides, and interactive graphics
- Always gave us insight that we could only have received from the book reporter and made us think from a different perspective
If you can put together a book report that’s interesting and informative, you can create a profitable information product. I will teach you how in my popular and effective course on this, Really Simple Info Products…
And once you’ve created one information product you can do it again and again for ongoing income.
I’m author and online marketing strategist Connie Ragen Green. I work with entrepreneurs to create multiple streams of online income and would love to connect with you. Download my Online Entrepreneur’s Blueprint and get started right away.
Originally published at hugeprofitstinylist.com.